Embryo transfer in Mühlen and at Lewitz stud
Over 20 years ago, artificial insemination revolutionized breeding, today it is embryo transfer. The advantages of this method are obvious: particularly valuable mares and sport mares can be used very efficiently for successful breeding. This method has been successfully used at our own stud farm in Lewitz for years. Most of our top horses have now been conceived by embryo transfer and we therefore have very extensive knowledge in this field. This high success rate in embryo transfer is also thanks to our large herd of mares at the Lewitz stud. We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to have your embryo transfer carried out in Mühlen or at the Lewitz stud farm.
- Let us know before your first semen order whether you want embryo transfer or not.
- The insemination of your donor mare and the collection of the embryo takes place exclusively in Mühlen or at the Lewitz stud farm.
- The breeder takes over the pregnant recipient mares after the 60th day of gestation.
- The recipient mare must be returned to the handover location (Mühlen or Lewitz) six months after the birth of the foal.
- For embryo transfer, the stud fee must be paid once and then the breeder pays for each additional successful embryo (after 60 days). If several flushes are successful, our discount system applies.
- The insemination of the donor mare will not be charged. However, the breeder bears the costs for follicle examinations, swab samples, treatments, etc., according to the veterinarian costs.
- The embryo flush costs €200 plus VAT.
- The positive transfer per embryo into a recipient mare (incl. immediate direct journey to Lewitz after rinsing) and examined positive pregnancy control after 60 days costs €1,000 plus VAT. If the transfer is not successful or if the mare resorbs before the 60th day of gestation, the breeder will not be charged.
- The rental fee for each pregnant mare is €1,250 plus VAT. It includes the preparation of the recipient mare, follicle controls, embryo transfer, medicinal follow-up care, pregnancy control until the 60th day of gestation, farrier costs, deworming, vaccination, etc.
- In addition, a deposit of €750 plus VAT must be paid for each pregnant recipient mare, which the breeder will receive back if the recipient mare is returned in good condition to the handover location (Mühlen or Lewitz), six months after the birth of the foal.
- From the 60th day of pregnancy until the return of the recipient mare, the breeder bears the costs for further veterinary care as well as proper care (including worming, vaccinations and the farrier) and accommodation of the mare.
For further details, please refer to our general terms and conditions.